Shapes.io by Chi
Hello, I’m Chi, UX Designer and frontend developer who recently just moved back to Hong Kong from London.
I’ve been working in the digital space for over 10 years of experience in roles ranging from Web Developer, UI/UX Designer to Project Manager. Although I can (and enjoy) design and code, I have been shifting my focus more toward the art of user-experience design for the past 3 years, both as part of startups and within digital agencies.
Ever so proud to be a tech nerd, but likes to keep active with handstands and martial arts.
Please feel free to tweet me if you think I could be a good fit for your project (or just to AMA).
- Have been working in web and tech scene for over 10 years
- Handy with Photoshop, Sketch and Illustrator
- Experienced in startups, product development, UX and prototyping
- Was in one of the six Winning teams to win Google HK’s Entrepreneurship Program to visit Google Mountain View in 2014
The way I am
When I was 8 years old we moved from Hong Kong to UK. Not being able to speak English back then meant I became very sensitive to my surroundings, I had to read people. I also learnt to be very empathetic. I was constantly feeling helpless and misunderstood. I don’t want anyone to ever have to feel that way.
- UX Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- HTML / CSS
- English / Cantonese
- Usability Research
- WordPress Dev
- Responsive Design
- PHP & MySQL
- Rapid Prototyping
- Meteor JS
- Google Analytics
- Adobe After Effects
- Git & GitHub
Qualifications and Experience:
- GompareGlobal Group / UX Designer 2016 – Present
- Business 3.0 (London)) / UX Designer [On Contract]2015 – 2016
- bbi.io (formerly 19degrees.io) / JS Developer & Project Manager [On Contract]2015 – 2015
- Aroundhub.com (formerly Myflat.hk) / UX & Product Developer 2013 – 2015
- Bridge21 Publications / Digital Manager 2013 – 2014
- LightDigit / Co-founder 2011 – 2012
- Mixmedia / Associate Creative Director 2010 – 2011
- Cashcade (UK) / In-house Senior Web Designer 2005 – 2009
- Kent University (UK) / BSc Multimedia Technology and Design 2002 – 2005
- Weekly “Top 5” Newsletter – A weekly newsletter I write to my friends and peers in the tech/design sector on the most interesting articles, videos, podcasts or tools I have discovered.
- GetFit.hk – Yelp.com for Sports and Fitness in Hong Kong, started as MVP experiment and had steadily grew over the past 2 years.
- PlaySpeed.co – A chrome plugin to supercharge YouTube, allowing you to speedup or rewind youtube videos
- Hand Massage Acupressure App – My first ever mobile app written with Adobe Flex to teach users how to user acupressure on their hands for better health
Outside of design, I like to stay active. When I was little I’m definitely one of those kids who couldn’t sit still for long. Influenced by my Dad who practiced Kung Fu and watching far too many Jackie Chan films when I was little. I’ve been taking part in Martial Arts, Parkour, Tricking and Gymnastics since I was 16. I’ve always been fascinated by movement, jumping around and pushing the limit of my body.